Earlier in May, I moderated the most recent edition of the Investment Program Association’s Direct Insights Call Series: Leveraging 1031 Exchanges to Enhance Tax Advantage Returns. Sensing its membership’s enduring interest in syndicated 1031 investment programs, the IPA has sponsored this discussion several times in the past, but the panel always takes it in new and interesting directions.
Joining me were representatives of three of the most active DST sponsors out there: Joshua Ungerecht, founding member of ExchangeRight Real Estate, Josh Hoffman, president of Bluerock Value Exchange, and Jeff Hertz, senior vice president at Cantor Fitzgerald Capital.
Among the basics and benefits of 1031 investment programs, our discussion covered:
- Where sponsors are identifying current market opportunities
- How sponsors are designing programs to be resilient to market cycles
- Why the next recession will be different from the last one, and impacts on commercial real estate investment
- How advisors can distinguish their practices through offering 1031 programs to clients
- The significant growth potential for the syndicated 1031 space
You can listen to the complete hour-long recording here on the IPA’s website.