We say this every conference, but we are so beyond grateful to all of you for making this Spring RIA Due Diligence Conference in beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona such a success! With over 350 total attendees, the FactRight staff cannot be more appreciative of your continued support and participation.
Some of the highlights from this week include:
- Over 150 wealth managers made the journey to the Scottsdale Plaza to due diligence (I can make that a verb right?). Thank you for being such active participants and continuing to ask so many questions and start new conversations during our sponsor presentations, panels, and closed-door sessions.
- We had 25 sponsor presentations, one technology platform, and 24 exhibit sponsors which provided information on a variety of investment structures and strategies and helped make the conference informative and effective.
- Thank you to all the product sponsors for your continued support of FactRight and our due diligence events and for continuing to provide so much information, about not only your platform, but also regarding current market conditions. (Special shout outs to Erik Conrad for the dad jokes and Rick Burgess for the cowbell). MORE COWBELL!!
- FactRight Co-President, Russell Putnam, forgot about the curveballs and gave the conference a heater with his best Ricky “Wild Thing” Vaughn impression welcoming us all to the conference and Spring Training with a celebration of the greatest baseball movies of all time. He spoke briefly on FactRight's web-based report center. It features all of FactRight's due diligence reports covering a wide variety of structures and strategies, including DSTs, QOZs, REITs, Oil & Gas, Interval Funds, etc. If you're looking to access valuable research and analysis on the presenting sponsors featured at the conference, be sure to visit the FactRight Report Center, where you can download due diligence reports in full. He also introduced the FactRight Team, which will be featured in the upcoming films, Yield of Dreams, Bull Market Durham, and a League of Opportunity Zones.
- Next, FactRight Co-President and Sandlot super-fan, Jake Heidkamp, came in from the bullpen to provide an update on market conditions, which set an excellent foundation for our following presentations. If you liked what you heard and would like regular updates on significant events for alternative programs, along with other industry news, sign up to request Jake's Weekly Updates straight to your inbox here.
- Thank you to the panel moderators and participants for providing insights on future developments in the alternative space. We'd like to recognize and thank our guest moderator Gina Gombar, VP of Government Affairs & Associate General Counsel of the Institute for Portfolio Alternatives (IPA), and her panelists for their discussion on legislative and regulatory policy issues wealth managers and sponsors need to know. Additionally, a thank you goes out to David Kasprzak, Managing Director of R.A Stanger & Company, Inc., for leading the conversation on commercial real estate investing with some of the industry's key players, including executives from Cantor Fitzgerald, Carter Funds, Peachtree Group, and Empire Group of Companies.
- The happy hour in the beautiful courtyard featured a tequila tasting sponsored by True Life Companies, a singing cowboy, and the return of the adorable Beer Burro, Sophie.
- On Tuesday night, we all took a seventh inning stretch from alternative investment due diligence to take in the Rockies vs. Cubs game at Sloan Park, sponsored by Phoenix American. While this meeting on the mound was a great networking event, it unfortunately didn’t feature FactRight’s hometown team, the 1987 and 1991 World Series Champion, Minnesota Twins. Go Twins!!
- Additionally, shout out to CalCap Advisors for the caffeine via the espresso bar, Caliber for the late-night snacks in the gift box, and Sovereign Partners for the key cards.
- Thank you to all who attended and made our RIA Spring Due Diligence Conference in Scottsdale a success! We hope to see you all (and more!) at FactRight's next event, our Annual Due Diligence Conference August 28 - 30 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Stay tuned for more details - registration opens May 2023!
- We'd also like to remind you that our due diligence support is always available. If you have any questions regarding information covered at the conference or any other due diligence inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach out to FactRight's team of analysts. Also, be sure to be sure to check out the free resources below, available to you at factright.com.